Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1537 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Derry West Cemetery
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1830s
Location: 25 Derry Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This property is all that remains of the hamlet Derry West. It was the site of the original Hurontario/Carterís Anglican Church. Archaeological studies show that the first burials occurred in the 1830s. However, the earliest marker is for an Annice Nixon dated 1842. Burials continued following the demise of the town in 1867 but at a reduced frequency. The last known burial was that of Mary J. Graham in 1936.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp02:8850