Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5745 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
W. J. Cavan General Store, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: W. J. Cavan General Store, Erindale
Identifier: MC0540
Date of Original Photo: ca 1912
Date Built: ca 1840
Image Type: B&W Photo, 16.5x12 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 165 Dundas Street West, Lot 27, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 165 Dundas Street West. Probably Conc 1, Lot 27 NDS, and located on the north side of Dundas Street in the village of Erindale. Probably built between 1830 and 1880, perhaps by James Magrath, the son of the Rev. Magrath. It was operated by the Cavans from the 1860s till 1913 when it was bought by J. M. Barker. The store was destroyed along with the hotel and other buildings in a fire in 1919. The store was rebuilt but was torn down in 1929. The site is presently occupied by an office building. The photo shows both the store and the house.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850