Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3237 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Marlatt Family Farm Cemetery, Lisgar, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Marlatt Family Farm Cemetery, Lisgar, Meadowvale
Identifier: MC0570
Date of Original Photo: 1967
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Philip Shaw
Location: 3058 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Lot 1 Plan 380, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3058 Winston Churchill Blvd. Conc 1 NDS, Lot 1 Plan 380. According to Philip Shaw, as reported in the cemetery transcription by the Halton-Peel Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, the land was purchased in 1806 by Joseph Marlatt. The Marlatts had originally settled in Barton Township in Lincoln County before moving to this area which was formerly in Trafalgar Township, later to be absorbed into the City of Mississauga. Both Joseph and George Marlatt are buried on the property, which was eventually sold to the Ukrainian Home for the Aged in 1973. Bee hives and a honey shed were placed in the area where the graves were located. Although several digs were undertaken at that time no trace of the graves, which had been photographed in 1967, were found. This photograph, taken by Philip Shaw in February 1967, shows the graves of Joseph and George Marlatt.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850