Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4873 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Silverthorn/Balkwill House, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH0026
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: ca 1847
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 7050 Old Mill Lane, pt. Lot 11, E1/2, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7050 Old Mill Lane. Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 11, E¿; PL5 TOR Lot 38-40. Originally built ca 1847 by James Crawford, and subsequently sold to Francis Silverthorn along with the land on which the Silverthorn mill was built. It was later owned by the Luther Emerson family. During Silverthorn’s time it was used as a meeting place for the Wesleyan Methodist congregation. For a while it was the headquarters of the Credit Valley Conservation Authority. Located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851