Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 209 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Apple Tree Inn / Laine Residence, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH0046
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 7053 Pond Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7053 Pond Street. Plan TOR 5, Lts. 22-24 PT, Lot 25, 26. Built about 1860 by Luther Cheyne, the first postmaster, from 1857. John and Mary Anne Farnell lived there from 1890 to about 1920. In 1920 the house was bought by Miss Yates and Miss Beardmore who opened the Apple Tree Inn Tearoom, which remained in business until 1944. The building then became a private residence. Located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District and designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851