Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3831 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Moore's Cemetery
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1844
Location: 2030 Derry Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This cemetery is located on property that once belonged to the Moore family. It was associated with "Bell's Chapel," an 1830s Presbyterian log chapel on adjacent land donated by James Trotter of York. Reverend Andrew Bell, ordained in Streetsville, presided over the house of worship until 1847. The Malton Women’s Institute restored the cemetery in 1934. There are 85 known burials.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp01:8850