Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5668 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1853
Location: 1520 Britannia Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This cemetery was associated with a small frame United Methodist church, known as “Hunt’s Branch,” for John Hunt, the land’s donor. A larger brick building replaced it in 1867. Known as “Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Church,” this house of worship closed before 1925 and was demolished in 1946. The congregation subsequently worshiped at Bethany United Church, south of Elmbank. The cemetery is the only remnant of Hanlan’s Corners.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp01:8851