Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5498 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Thomas and Theresa (McCully) Sandford
  View Full size image
Title: Thomas and Theresa (McCully) Sandford
Identifier: MC0580
Date of Original Photo: 1908
Image Type: B&W Photo, 10x15 cm.
Subject: Thomas Edward Sandford

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This photo, taken in 1908, is of Thomas Edward Sandford and his wife, the former Theresa McCully. Thomas was the son of Martin Sandford who acquired Lot 21, Conc 2 NDS in 1890. In 1910 Thomas Edward Sandford, acquired title to the north half of Lot 21, following the death of his father in 1909. Thomas E. Sandford had married Theresa McCully of Port Credit in 1907 and the farm eventually passed to his son Vincent, and his daughter, Agnes, who continued to live on the farm until 1999. The Sandford farm house, at 784 Eglinton Avenue West, was an L-shaped one and a half storey red brick structure in Gothic Revival style with yellow brick quoining on the corners. There was a wraparound porch with decorative bargeboard. After the Sandfords left in 1999 there was a series of fires and vandalism. The property was acquired in 2000 by Southlawn Developments, and although it had been designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act, the house had deteriorated to such an extent that a demolition permit was granted in 2006.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850