Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2400 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Hepton-Sheard House, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Hepton-Sheard House, Malton
Identifier: PH3266
Date of Original Photo: 1992
Date Built: 1860-1880
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7233 Airport Road, pt. Lot 12, Conc 8 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7233 Airport Road. Conc 8 NDS, pt. Lot 12, located on the east side of Airport Road three blocks north of Derry Road. Probably built sometime between 1860 and 1880, on land owned by David Hepton. The Heptons owned the land until 1909 when it was sold to Archibald McDougall. Charles Sheard bought the Hepton homestead in 1933 and it has been in that family since. It is a one-and-a-half storey brick vernacular farmhouse of multi-colour brick. Previously listed on the Heritage Register, it was demolished in 2000.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851