Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1623 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Doherty House, Stone Outbuilding, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Doherty House, Stone Outbuilding, Malton
Identifier: PH3300
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5650 Tomken Road, pt. Lot 4, Conc 2 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Doherty House, also known as Clontarf Farm, was located at 5650 Tomken Road (Second Line East). It was built about 1845 by Charles Doherty, and was a one-and-a-half storey stone house with a low-pitched gable roof. The house was externally stuccoed. The house was burned and demolished in 1982, and the accompanying barn was demolished in 1986. This stone outbuilding was on the property. The barn was to the east side of this building.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851