Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3532 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Millworkers' Double Houses, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH0051
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1940
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings- Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 7067 Pond Street, pt. Lot 11 E1/2, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7067 Pond Street. Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 11 Eż. One of the earliest buildings in Meadowvale, originally constructed for local millworkers. They were built about 1840 by Francis Silverthorn, the owner of the Meadowvale Mill. Silverthorn owned the lot until 1886. The mill was eventually bought by Gooderham and Worts. Each unit is one and a half storeys in height, with a gabled roof and an ornately carved porch which were probably added later. Located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850