Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5355 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Streetsville United Church
Identifier: PH0178
Date of Original Photo: 1988
Date Built: 1875
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13x9 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 274 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 E1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 274 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 3 E┐. The first church was built in 1821 for the Methodist congregation which started in 1820. It was a small log building. The second church, a frame building, was built on Maiden Lane in 1835. Owing to a split in the congregation between the Methodist Episcopalians and the Wesleyan Methodists, a third church was built by the Wesleyans of brick in 1846. (This building now forms part of the offices of the Streetsville Public Utilities Commission on Queen Street). The fourth church was built in 1875 and dedicated by Egerton Ryerson in 1876. Wings were added in 1950 and 1965. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1988 photo shows the building's south fašade.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850