Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5000 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Spire, Streetsville
Identifier: PH0201
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1868
Image Type: B&W Photo, 1868
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 295 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 W1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 295 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W. The fourth building used by Presbyterians in Streetsville, this brick church was erected in 1868. There was probably a log church in 1819. Early records point to a small building at the corner of Pearl and Queen Streets in 1821. This was followed by a frame church in 1824, built on land donated by Timothy Street. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1989 photo shows the spire of the church.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851