Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3552 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Minerva's Bower, Streetsville
Identifier: PH0215
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: 1976
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 158 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 E1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 158 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 Eż. Built about 1832, the only remaining Barnhart house in Streetsville. Given by John Barnhart to his daughter Minerva on her marriage to William H. Paterson, a Streetsville merchant who came to Streetsville in 1825. The building is a two storey, hipped roof structure with a rear extension topped with a gable roof. The twelve-over-twelve paned double hung sash windows, drip pendant brackets (in the eaves), south porch and front veranda have all been removed. The wood shingled walls were later veneered in brick. Listed on the Heritage Inventory. This photo shows the east front entrance.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850