Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3555 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Minerva's Bower / Winchester Arms, Streetsville
Identifier: PH0218
Date of Original Photo: 1982
Date Built: ca 1832
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 158 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 E1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 158 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 Eż. Built about 1832, the only remaining Barnhart house in Streetsville. Given by John Barnhart to his daughter Minerva on her marriage to William H. Paterson, a Streetsville merchant who came to Streetsville in 1825. The building is a two storey, hipped roof structure with a rear extension topped with a gable roof. The twelve-over-twelve paned double hung sash windows, drip pendant brackets (in the eaves), south porch and front veranda have all been removed. The wood shingled walls have been veneered in brick. Listed on the Heritage Inventory. This 1982 photo shows its use as the Winchester Arms pub.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851