Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2754 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Kindree Cemetery, Lisgar, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Kindree Cemetery, Lisgar, Meadowvale
Identifier: PH3325
Date of Original Photo: 1992
Date Built: ca 1820s
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Lisgar (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: Derry Road West, between Ninth and Tenth Lines

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Derry Road West, Conc 10, Lot 10. Kindree Cemetery is located on the south side of Derry Road West between Ninth Line to the west and Tenth Line to the east. Formerly located in Trafalgar Township it is now in the Lisgar area in north-west Mississauga. The cemetery is believed to be the burial ground for the children of Nathan and Mary Kindree. The Kindree family originated in Wales. Their journeys took them to New Jersey, through Niagara, and finally to Trafalgar Township where they settled in the 1820s. The children buried here died between 1829 and 1839. Three girls died of tuberculosis, but the causes of the other deaths is not known. Their father, Nathan Kindree, is buried in Eden United Cemetery, about 1 mile (1.6 km.) down the road. Altogether Nathan and Mary Kindree had twelve children, five of which survived and raised their own families in the same area. The other seven are buried within this small cemetery. The cemetery is desisgnated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act, as are all City operated cemeteries.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851