Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5055 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Streetsville
Identifier: PH0274
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1856
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13x9 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street), pt. Lot 3 E1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street). Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 Eż. The original church was built in 1856 on the east bank of the Credit River, on land given by Richard Cuthbert who lived opposite. The church was consecrated in July 1858 by Bishop De Charbonnel. It was originally called St. Joseph's, then St. Dunstan's, then St. Joseph's again. In 1987 the church was deconsecrated and became an art gallery. The new St. Joseph’s Church opened on Durie Road in 1990. The former church became St. Ilija Macedonian Orthodox Church. The structure was destroyed by fire in early 2000 and later demolished. A new church has been erected on the same site. The original building was designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850