Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4236 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Port Credit Fire Station #104
  View Full size image
Title: Port Credit Fire Station #104
Identifier: H109
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1955
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Fire stations - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Location: 62 Port Street West, Plan 300W Lot 11

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 62 Port Street West. Plan 300W Lot 11. This two storey red brick structure is the oldest fire station remaining in Mississauga. Erected by local builders H. Lee and Sons for the Village of Port Credit, the fire hall and police station was opened on December 12, 1955. The fire hall was staffed by a volunteer fire brigade. While the window sash and doors have changed, the front elevation remains basically as it did nearly 50 years ago. The use of Indiana limestone at the entrance, for window surrounds and as coping along the flat roof, the band of windows with grooved panels between the windows, and the picture window, distinguish this Modern landmark in the village. The A-frame building next to the fire hall in this 1980 photograph was the home of the Crusader Service of the Fire and Police Departments. It was demolished some time after 1980. The Port Credit Fire Hall is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and is located within the Old Port Credit Village Heritage Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850