Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4706 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Royal Bank of Canada, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Royal Bank of Canada, Erindale
Identifier: B527
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1940
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 1555 Dundas Street West, Plan AO6 pt. Lots 1, 2

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1555 Dundas Street West. Plan AO6 pt. Lots 1, 2. The site was originally occupied by a store and post office. According to Jean Adamson in her book, Erindale: the Crook of the Credit, it was most likely operated by James Magrath, son of the Rector of St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale. In 1929 the store was taken over by Mark O'Brien and in 1936 it passed to his son, Alex. Shortly thereafter the store was demolished for road construction and this building was erected. Alex O'Brien died in 1963 and the Royal Bank of Canada moved into the building. The Bank is listed in this location in the 1981 City Directory but is not listed in the 1983 Directory. By 1984 the building was occupied by Frank Cosco, merchant tailor. It is now occupied by McKinnon Calderwood Advertising. Extensive alteration has been carried out on the structure. Description as of December 9, 2010.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851