Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5172 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Peter's Rectory, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Rectory, Erindale
Identifier: D115
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1861
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 1556 Dundas Street West, Lot 5, Range 1 CIR, SDS, Vill.

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1556 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, SDS, Vill. Lot 5. This is a two storey brick structure with a medium pitched hipped roof on a stone foundation, built in Georgian style. It was built in 1861 to replace the original rectory, "Erindale", which was built in 1830 by the Rev. James Magrath, and which burned down in 1861. This building is referred to quite often in the books of Mazo de la Roche. The building was used as a Rectory until 1960 when it was sold to A. E. LePage Real Estate. It was converted to commercial use in the mid 1980s. In 2006, after renovating and adding to the building, Heritage Orthodontics received a Mississauga Urban Design Award, the Award of Merit for Personal Leadership in Heritage Preservation. The building is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. Description as of December 2010.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850