Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2007 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Franklin House, Gable, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Franklin House, Gable, Streetsville
Identifier: F880
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1855
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 263-265 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 W 1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 263-265 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W¿. Built ca 1855, possibly by William Graydon for Peter Douglass. It was sold in 1859 to Bennet Franklin, a partner in Barber Brothers Toronto Woollen Mills. In 1910, under new ownership, the name was changed to the Queen’s Hotel. It ceased to operate as a hotel with the enforcement of the Canada Temperance Act, but continued to be used for commercial purposes. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and protected by a heritage easement. This 1978 photo, taken prior to restoration, shows bargeboard detail on the gable. By about 1988 the building had been converted to the Sundance Saloon and Grill with an outdoor patio. By 2008 the building was once again operating as the Franklin House. Description as of December 2010.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851