Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3832 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Moore's Presbyterian Cemetery, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Moore's Presbyterian Cemetery, Malton
Identifier: F564
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: pt. Lot 10, Conc 5 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Conc 5 EHS, pt. Lot 10, on the south side of Derry Road, west of Airport Road and East of Dixie Road. Also known as Bellís Presbyterian Cemetery and Malton Presbyterian Cemetery. "James Trotter of York gave 1/2 acre for a church to the trustees which included Rev. Andrew Bell. Mr. Trotter sold the rest of the land to the Moore family. A log church known as Bell's Church was built in 1830 and, after being abandoned, was destroyed by fire around 1877. The cemetery is now surrounded on three sides by the Pearson International Airport." ... Transcription of the cemetery by Halton Peel Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851