Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5050 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Joseph's Rectory, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: St. Joseph's Rectory, Streetsville
Identifier: D853
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 197 Church Street, Plan STR 4 pt Lots 1 to 4 RP 43R18132 pt 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 197 Church Street. Plan STR 4 pt Lots 1 to 4 RP 43R18132 pt 1. This property was purchased about 1970 by the Roman Catholic Corporation for the Diocese of Toronto to serve as a new rectory, with the intention of building a church on the property at Main Street where the original rectory stood. The original church, formerly at 74 Main Street, was built in 1856 on the east bank of the Credit River, on land given by Richard Cuthbert who lived opposite. The church was consecrated in July 1858 by Bishop De Charbonnel. It was originally called St. Joseph's, then St. Dunstan's, then St. Joseph's again. The original St. Joseph's was deconsecrated in 1987 and a new church built on Durie Road. The Diocese owned the rectory property at 197 Church Street till about 1992. Description as of December 2010.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850