Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4736 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Salvation Army, Lakeview
  View Full size image
Title: Salvation Army, Lakeview
Identifier: K616
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1954
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Lakeview (Mississauga)
Location: 1525 Kenmuir Avenue, Plan F20 pt. Lot 281

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1525 Kenmuir Avenue. Plan F20 pt. Lot 281. This plain red brick building was originally built in 1954 by the Baptist congregation as their church and named the Kenmuir Avenue Baptist Church. As the congregation grew it was decided to build a larger church on land located at 1640 Carmen Drive and in 1961 the property was sold to the Salvation Army. The property served as the home of Lakeview Corps of the Salvation Army until 1974 when the decision was made to move to a new temple at 3167 Cawthra Road. The building was vacant at the time this photo was taken in 1980. In 1989 it was occupied by the Gospel Assembly Church Association and in 1999 the Salvation Army sold the building to St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church. Description as of January 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851