Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5029 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Dominic's Roman Catholic Church, Lakeview
  View Full size image
Title: St. Dominic's Roman Catholic Church, Lakeview
Identifier: K857
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1957
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Lakeview (Mississauga)
Location: 625 Atwater Avenue, Plan B19 Lot 150, pt. Lot 154, 155

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 625 Atwater Avenue. Plan B19 Lot 150, pt. Lot 154, 155. The parish of St. Dominic, named in honour of the founder of the Order of Preachers, was formed out of territory previously cared for by the parish of St. Mary Star of the Sea, Port Credit. The church was built in 1957 at the corner of Cawthra Road and Atwater Avenue. Various repairs and additions have been carried out since then, including reducing the height of the bell tower in 2000 in order to accommodate the installation of an elevator. As well, new church windows have been installed and renovations made to the sanctuary and church interior. Description as of January 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851