Displaying image 307 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Summerville Blacksmith Shop
  View Full size image
Title: Summerville Blacksmith Shop
Identifier: MI0053
Date Built: 1867
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Blacksmithing - Ontario - Summerville (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 2199 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, one-half mile west of Hwy 427. It was the only blacksmith shop in Summerville. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark gray Etobicoke Creek and field stone. The shop was owned by Robert Parton from 1907 to 1958. The shop was dismantled in 1979, but the whereabouts of the remains of the structure are unknown. Previously listed on the Heritage Register. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System