COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 222 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Johnson Residence, Dixie
  View Full size image
Title: Johnson Residence, Dixie
Identifier: A355
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 865 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 865 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 9. This is a two storey structure, the first storey of which is built of stone while the second storey is of white clapboard. The house dates from about 1830 and was built by William Johnson. Additions were made to the house about 1895 and again about 1922 by William Johnsonís son, William Henry Johnson. As part of the alterations William Henry Johnson dug out the basement of the house, put in a stone foundation, and raised up the building so that what was once the main floor is now the second storey. The Johnson family lived in the house until about 1942 when it was sold. It has had several owners since and is presently rented out. The property is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System