COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 150 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Copeland House, Rear Addition, Dixie
  View Full size image
Title: Copeland House, Rear Addition, Dixie
Identifier: PH1176
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: 1828
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1050 Burnhamthorpe Road East, pt. Lot 8, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1050 Burnhamthorpe Road East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 8. The land on which the house sits was purchased by Thomas Copeland from Phillip Cody in 1808. The house itself was built about 1837 by Thomas Poole, a master mason, who married Mary Copeland, daughter of Robert Copeland and granddaughter of Thomas. One of the earliest houses in Mississauga, it is a two-storey stone house, built in a rectangular plan with a gabled roof. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This photo shows a later addition at the rear of the house.
Agency: Mississauga Library System