COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 10 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Bethesda-Dixie United Church, Summerville
  View Full size image
Title: Bethesda-Dixie United Church, Summerville
Identifier: PH2265
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1864
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Summerville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1801 Dundas Street East, pt. Lot 2, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1801 Dundas Street East. Pt. Lot 2 Conc 1 NDS. Built in 1864 as a simple gothic, dichromatic church, Bethesda-Dixie was originally a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It served the community for over 100 years, joining the Methodist Church in 1885 and then in 1925 became part of the United Church. In April 1967 the congregation held the final service in the church and in May of that year moved to the auditorium of the Forest Glen School, until a new church on Fieldgate Drive was built. The former Bethesda-Dixie United Church building was sold to the Bethel Evangelical Baptist Church and was used by them for some time. The last surviving building in Summerville, it was demolished in 1998. It was listed on the Heritage Register. This 1989 photo shows the building after it became Bethel Evangelical Baptist Church.
Agency: Mississauga Library System