COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 223 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Johnson Residence, South Façade, Dixie
  View Full size image
Title: Johnson Residence, South Façade, Dixie
Identifier: PH2272
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 865 Dundas Street East, pt. Lot 9, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 865 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 9. This is a two storey structure, the first storey of which is built of stone while the second storey is of white clapboard. The house dates from about 1830 and was built by William Johnson. Additions were made to the house about 1895 and again about 1922 by William Johnson’s son, William Henry Johnson. As part of the alterations William Henry Johnson dug out the basement of the house, put in a stone foundation, and raised up the building so that what was once the main floor is now the second storey. The Johnson family lived in the house until about 1942 when it was sold. It has had several owners since and is presently rented out. The property is listed on the Heritage Register. This photo is of the south façade, showing the attached garage. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System