COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 177 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Dixie Union Cemetery, Schiller Tombstone
Identifier: L484
Date of Original Photo: 1982
Date Built: 1812
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 707 Dundas Street East, pt. Lot 10, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 707 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 10. Dixie Union Cemetery is the oldest cemetery in Mississauga. The cemetery is abandoned but retains plot owners. It was first established in 1812 and contains approximately 707 graves. This cemetery is located adjacent to a Presbyterian and Anglican cemetery and is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. Johann Schiller was the founder of Canada¿s first cottage winery in Cooksville, at lot 17 north of Dundas Street. Schiller set out a vineyard prior to 1811, the year he first made wine. Description updated August 2019.
Agency: Mississauga Library System