COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Displaying image 15 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Blacksmith’s House, Summerville
Identifier: N859
Date Built: 1867
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Mary-Lou Evans
Location: Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2199 Dundas Street East. North side of Dundas Street East, ¿ mile west of Hwy 427. The first blacksmith shop on this site was built by John Silverthorne in 1816. The second structure was built in 1867 for Isaac Wilcox, of dark grey Etobicoke Creek and field stone. The shop was owned by Robert Parton from 1907 to 1958. The shop was dismantled in 1979, but the whereabouts of the remains of the structure are unknown. Previously listed on the Heritage Inventory. This photo shows the blacksmith’s house which stood, until demolished, on Dundas Street East. Slide donated to Mississauga Library System by Mary-Lou Evans
Agency: Mississauga Library System