Businesses Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 14 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Apple Tree Inn / Laine Residence, Coach House, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Apple Tree Inn / Laine Residence, Coach House, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH2820
Date of Original Photo: 1990
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7053 Pond Street, Plan TOR 5, Lots 22-24, pt. Lot 25, 26.

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7053 Pond Street. Plan TOR 5, Lots. 22-24 PT, Lot 25, 26. This is the coach house for the Apple Tree Inn, which was built about 1860 by Luther Cheyne, the first postmaster in Meadowvale from 1857. John and Mary Anne Farnell lived there from 1890 to about 1920. In 1920 the house was bought by Miss Yates and Miss Beardmore who opened the Apple Tree Inn Tearoom, which remained in business until 1944. The building then became a private residence. The coach house was demolished in 1990, but the residence, which is located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851