By-Law Enforcement
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What are the restrictions on play equipment for my house?
Play equipment is an apparatus which is designed and used for play and recreation. Play equipment is subject to the following restrictions: 1) the maximum area occupied by the play equipment shall be 5.5 m2; 2) the maximum height of the play equipment, measured from established grade to the highest point of the structure, shall be 3.0 m; 3) no more than 50% of the perimeter of the play equipment shall be enclosed by walls, doors or windows; 4) the play equipment must be located in a rear yard and have a minimum setback of 0.61 m from any lot line. If your proposed play equipment does not comply to the above provisions, it may be considered an accessory structure and subject to further development restrictions. In addition, if your property backs onto a Greenbelt or tree preservation zone, you may be subject to further development restrictions. Please contact the Zoning Section for further information by calling 3-1-1 (from within Mississauga); if calling from outside of Mississauga, dial 905 615-4311.
Related FAQ's
Where are the Community Recycling Centres?
Do we have to clear our own sidewalk from snow and ice?
Can I widen my driveway and who do I contact?
Where do I go for a pool enclosure permit application?
When will the Developer/Builder install my fence/deck?
I have water sitting in my yard. How do I correct it?
Do I need a building permit for a shed, deck, fence or pool or to finish my basement or for the installation of an air conditioner?
Who should I contact to report stagnant water on private or public property?
When can I construct a fence, pool, patio, shed or deck on my property?
We are planning a block party. Can we close off the road?
What projects do not require a building permit?
Am I able to operate a business from my home?
A City owned tree has caused damage to my property. What should I do?
Where can I get more information about the West Nile Virus?
Where can I obtain a survey of my property?
Where can I purchase a copy of the zoning map for my neighbourhood?
I've lived in my home for over ten years and now my neighbour has changed the grading of his property and is flooding me out! Is he allowed to do this? What will the City do about it?
What is the zoning of my property?
What are the restrictions on play equipment for my house?
Am I able to put an air conditioning unit at the side of my house?
20 Items found.

More FAQ's:

On-line Forms
FREE Alternative Dispute Resolution Services
  FREE Alternative Dispute Resolution Services
Graffiti banner
  Report Graffiti
Mobile Licencing Location
  Service Location Information
Breathe in Smoke-free Air
Smoking is a Health concern which affects all of us. For more information or to register a complaint, contact the Region of Peel Health at (905) 799-7700 or by clicking on the link below.
  Regional Smoke-Free By-law 14-2003
Report Dangerous Driving
If you observe a dangerous act of aggressive driving on the roads in Mississauga, please complete the RoadWatch Citizens Report Form.
  RoadWatch - Citizens Report Form