The City of Mississauga is providing a new park and community centre within the Ninth Line lands future development area between Highway 403 and 401. The project will serve the local community and future urban development along the City's western boundary, near a tributary of Sixteen Mile Creek, with a recreation centre and a 50-acre park.
Construction is scheduled to commence in spring 2018 and will include:
- Aquatics - Approximately 27,000 sq. ft. includes 25m, 6 lane pool, leisure pool
- Gymnasium - Approximately 18,000 sq. ft.
- Multipurpose rooms/spaces - Approximately 6000 sq. ft. including kitchen/servery
- Common areas - Approximately 5000 sq. ft. includes lobby, general office, public washrooms, cash room, shipping & receiving etc.
- Change rooms & washrooms to support the pool and gymnasium
Park - Phase 1
- Two lit artificial turf soccer fields, one with a seasonal dome
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Natural area enhancements
- Parks Operations space
- Site servicing, infrastructure and parking