City Centre Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 18 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm, Farm House and Pet Hen
Identifier: N908
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Farms - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: Lot 16, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This photo shows the garage end of the farm house with pet hen Sulpha, a cross between a Leghorn and a White Rock. The Carr farm was located on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS Lot 16. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this property was owned by Charles Wilcox. In 1926 it was acquired by Robert Norman Carr and his wife, the former Mary Alice Hawkins. The Carr family was involved in mixed farming, primarily dairy. The Toronto Suburban Railway went through the farm. In 1960 the farm was sold to S. B. McLaughlin and the buildings on it demolished. It is now the site of Square One Shopping Centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851