COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 793 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
William Clarkson Store and Post Office, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: William Clarkson Store and Post Office, Clarkson
Identifier: HA0040
Date Built: 1835
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Harold Hare Collection
Location: Clarkson's Corners, Lot 28, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Owned and operated by Edith Clarkson from 1901 until she died, November 30, 1919. Warren Clarkson, Edith's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become Clarkson Road. Sometime in the 1860s his sons, William and Henry, took over the store and William opened the first post office in 1875. William was succeeded at the store by his son, Warren Frank, in 1894, and in 1901 Warren turned over the store to his sister, Edith. Cora Clarkson, Edith's sister, is in the foreground of the photograph. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System