COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 14 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Anchorage, Clarkson
Identifier: H775
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Museums - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 1620 Orr Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1620 Orr Road. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Capt. John Skynner. It is a one and a half storey Regency style cottage with a five bay facade. After Skynnerís death in 1846 alterations were made to the building. It was occupied by the Skynner family till 1853 then passed through several owners till it was acquired by National Sewer Pipe who used the building as an office.

It was donated to the City of Mississauga in 1978 and moved to its present location on the Bradley Museum site, where it underwent extensive renovation and serves as an exhibit gallery, tea room, curatorial workspace, meeting room and artifact collection storage. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System