COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 30 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Apple House, Second Blue Dragon Inn
Identifier: BA0111
Date Built: 1913
Image Type: B&W Photo, 10x7.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: 992 Meadow Wood Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The first Blue Dragon Inn, a stopover house between Toronto and Hamilton, was built in 1913 and operated by Mrs. Margaret Fairbairn and her daughters, Agnes and Grace. This building was burned in 1923. The second Blue Dragon Inn was the Apple House next door, purchased from the Fairbairns in 1929 by Ida Norman and Mary and Margaret McCallum who operated it under the same name. It was closed in 1955 and demolished.
Agency: Mississauga Library System