COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 472 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Kelly Residence, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Kelly Residence, Clarkson
Identifier: PH1697b
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1910
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 725 Bexhill Road, Plan 744, Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 725 Bexhill Road, Plan 744, Lot 1. This is a one-and-a-half storey wood frame building with a Gambrel roof with cedar shingles. The building was originally the gatehouse for Bexhill House, the Barry Fudger mansion, at 1309 Gatehouse Drive. "The gatehouse originally consisted of two Dutch provincial style cottages joined by an arch across the upstairs level, with a space beneath wide enough for a car to pass through. Later the cottages were cut in half, moved to their present location at the corner of Bexhill Road and Gatehouse Drive, and rejoined to become one house." (Rattray Marsh Then and Now, by Ruth Hussey and Judith Goulin). The house is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System