COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 211 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Clarkson-Barnett House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson-Barnett House, Clarkson
Identifier: MC0450
Date of Original Photo: 1964
Date Built: 1819
Image Type: Col. Photo, 11x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: 1084 Feeley Court, pt. Lot 29-30, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1084 Feeley Court, formerly at 1056 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 29-30. Built in 1819, this is one of the oldest homes in Toronto Township. It was built by Warren Clarkson, who came from Albany, New York, on 100 acres of land he had purchased. Clarkson made two separate additions to the original shanty. The house was lived in by various members of the family until it was sold to Major John Barnett in 1936. As it was in considerable disrepair, Barnett and his wife, Grace, worked to restore the building. The building was heritage designated in 1987, but the designation was removed in 1998 after the owner filed for demolition. This 1964 photo shows the original section of the house, Warren Clarkson's shanty.
Agency: Mississauga Library System