COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 413 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Harwood, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Harwood, Clarkson
Identifier: MC0469
Date Built: ca 1837
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Mississauga Historical Society
Location: Lakeshore Road, west of Clarkson, Lot 34, Conc 3 and 4 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Lakeshore Road, Conc 3 and 4 SDS, Lot 34. Colonel William Thompson, son of Cornelius Thompson, built Harwood around 1837, on Lot 34, Conc 3 & 4, SDS, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. The property became part of the St. Lawrence Cement Company. Harwood was a one-and-a-half storey Ontario cottage. It was later purchased by the Wasson family and renamed Acacia Farm. The house was demolished in 1986.
Agency: Mississauga Library System