Clarkson Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 9 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Anchorage, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Anchorage, Clarkson
Identifier: MI0062
Date of Original Photo: 1911
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 1620 Orr Road, pt. Lot 28

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1620 Orr Road. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Capt. John Skynner. It is a one-and-a-half storey Regency style cottage with a five bay facade. After Skynnerís death in 1846 alterations were made to the building. It was occupied by the Skynner family until 1853 then passed through several owners until it was acquired by National Sewer Pipe who used the building as an office. It was donated to the City of Mississauga in 1978 and moved to its present location on the Bradley Museum site, where it underwent extensive renovation and serves as an exhibit gallery, tea room, curatorial workspace, meeting room and artefact collection storage. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This view taken in 1911 shows the front exterior facing the lake, in its original location at Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850