COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Clarkson Gallery
Displaying image 514 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: McDougall House, Clarkson (also known as the Tedder House and the Gingerbread House)
Identifier: J633
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1834
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 1207 Lorne Park Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1207 Lorne Park Road. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 25. A one and a half storey Queen Anne house with elaborate gingerbread and treillage, it was also known as the Gingerbread House. There is an octagonal tower on the south side. Built originally as a log cabin ca 1834, it was enlarged considerably over several years and acquired a number of gables, gingerbread and the tower. It was bought some time after 1885 by Herbert Denison who made alterations, and later owned by Arthur Luker. Later in the 1940s it was acquired by a Mr. Tedder who built the attached coach house in a similar style. The house has had several owners. Heritage designated.
Agency: Mississauga Library System