The City of Mississauga has developed a community-based program to reduce vandalism and
improve personal safety in our city.
The Facility Watch program relies on the participation of customers, residents and City staff
working together. The goal is to promote pride in our community centres, arenas, libraries,
museums and parks by asking residents to help us to improve safety and the appearance of our
The motto for this program is "Share, Care, Be Aware"
To Share . . . by working together.
To Care . . . by respecting our facilities.
To Be Aware . . . by alerting police and City staff of potential problems.
Vandalism - Its Effect
|Vandalism to public facilities and parks does jeopardize public safety.
||Vandalism does increase costs to the taxpayer for facility and equipment restoration.
||Vandalism does restrict or limit the use and enjoyment of public facilities and parks which
are maintained by the City for the benefit of all its residents.
To report graffiti, vandalism and litter - 24 Hour Facility Watch Hot Line 905-615-4060
To report activities such as alcohol consumption, property destruction and suspicious
behaviour - Call Peel Regional Police 905-453-3311
In person - If you are in one of our community centres, arenas, libraries or museums, please
report any of these activities to a City staff person.
You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com
How You Can Help
- Clean up after your group activities, such as picnics and sports tournaments in City
- Remember to respect property, materials and equipment when using services or participating
in programs at our community centres, libraries, arenas and parks
- Report such items as graffiti, broken glass or burnt out lights in any City facility or
- Report vandalism such as a park bench in need of repair or a change room that has been
marked up with a hockey puck
- Report suspicious behaviour such as a person peeking into parked cars
- Report activities such as consuming alcohol in a park
The City of Mississauga, Community Services would like to thank our community
- Mississauga Crime Prevention Through Evironmental Design (CPTED) Advisory Committee
- Mississauga Crime Prevention Association
- Peel Regional Police