Cooksville Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 180 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Town Hall
Identifier: CK0100
Date of Original Photo: 1921
Image Type: B&W Photo, 16.5x11.5 cm
Subject: Municipal buildings - Ontario - Cooksville
Location: South side of Dundas Street, Lot 16, Conc 1 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Located on the south side of Dundas Street, just west of Hurontario Street between the Police Building and the Board of Education Offices. Built prior to 1870, the Town Hall was used as a school while the second Cooksville Public School was being built, 1919-1921. The Police building was torn down in 1989. The Peel Board of Education building became a Senior Citizensí home in the 1980s. The Town Hall was used as the east wing of the Mississauga Municipal Offices and gutted by fire June 1969. The site was traded to McLaughlin for the site of the second City Hall on 1 City Centre Drive. The building was demolished December 1970.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851