|Description: 99-131 Dundas Street East. Dundas Trail Plaza was built in 1968 on the site of the Price Homestead. The original house was built by John Charters Price in the 1880s at the east end of his property on the Dundas Highway, just clear of the flats. John Charters Price (1826-1917) was the son of Colonel Samuel Price, Jr. (1799-1891) and his wife, Mary Hawkins. Samuel, Jr., the first Reeve of Toronto Township, was himself the son of Major Samuel Price (1775-1842), who, with his wife, Sarah Charters, settled in York, Upper Canada, in 1817. John Charters Price served as assessor and tax collector for the township.
The house was modelled after the one the Prices lived in prior to their move to Dundas Street, only larger. It was Ontario style, T-shaped, and had two full storeys. The centre hall gave access to the kitchen, dining-room and parlour, with a staircase leading to the bedrooms above. A single large centred gable faced Dundas Street. The verandah ran the full length of the house. Its roof was supported by stone posts and framed with filigree. Attached to the rear of the house, facing the laneway, were a carriage house and woodshed and both were plastered in rough-cast. A little to the north of the house was a small two-storey barn. The house was occupied continuously by the Price family until 1968 when it was demolished to make way for the plaza.