Cooksville Gallery

The area around the Hurontario Street and Dundas Street intersection was originally known as Harrisville, named for Daniel Harris, who in 1809 purchased land and built a sawmill there. When Harris returned to the United States, Jacob Cook bought land and settled there in 1819 and the village was renamed Cooksville. In the 1870s Cooksville was chosen as the site of the Toronto Township Hall and remained the centre of the township until the development of the City Centre to the north.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY Search Images   
565 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |    10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |    16  |    17  |    18  |    19  |    20  |    21  |    22  |    23  |    24  |    25  |    26  |  27  |    28  |    29  |     View All
   
Toronto Township Centennial Cake, Cooksville
Toronto Township Centennial Cake, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Centennial Parade, Cooksville
Toronto Township Centennial Parade, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Council, 1962/63, Cooksville
Toronto Township Council, 1962/63, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Hydro Electric Commission, 1968, Cooksville
Toronto Township Hydro Electric Commission, 1968, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Hydro-electric Commission, Cooksville
Toronto Township Hydro-electric Commission, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Municipal Offices, Cooksville
Toronto Township Municipal Offices, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Municipal Offices, Cooksville
Toronto Township Municipal Offices, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
Toronto Township municipal offices, official opening, June 2, 1953
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Public Library Board, Cooksville
Toronto Township Public Library Board, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Town of Mississauga 1968 Council in Chambers, Cooksville
Town of Mississauga 1968 Council in Chambers, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Trenwith House,
Trenwith House, "Stonehaven Farm", Clarkson
View enlarged image
and image details

Union Bank and Cooksville House
Union Bank and Cooksville House
View enlarged image
and image details

Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
Velda Holdings Ltd., Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Vintage Bickle Fire Truck, Cooksville
Vintage Bickle Fire Truck, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp01:8853