Cooksville Gallery

The area around the Hurontario Street and Dundas Street intersection was originally known as Harrisville, named for Daniel Harris, who in 1809 purchased land and built a sawmill there. When Harris returned to the United States, Jacob Cook bought land and settled there in 1819 and the village was renamed Cooksville. In the 1870s Cooksville was chosen as the site of the Toronto Township Hall and remained the centre of the township until the development of the City Centre to the north.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY Search Images   
572 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |    10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |    16  |    17  |    18  |    19  |    20  |    21  |    22  |    23  |    24  |    25  |    26  |    27  |    28  |  29  |     View All
   
West End Motors and Trailer Park, Cooksville
West End Motors and Trailer Park, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

West End Motors and Trailer Park, Cooksville
West End Motors and Trailer Park, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

William Burrows, Baker, Cooksville
William Burrows, Baker, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Family
Worosz Family
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Family
Worosz Family
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Family
Worosz Family
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Residence
Worosz Residence
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Residence
Worosz Residence
View enlarged image
and image details

Worosz Residence, Cooksville
Worosz Residence, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Wright Residence, Cooksville
Wright Residence, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Wright Residence, Cooksville
Wright Residence, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Wright Residence, Cooksville
Wright Residence, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp02:8851