Go Beyond the Hour
Earth Hour is Every Hour!
Big or Small, Every Action Counts
There are lots of ways to make every hour, Earth Hour. Turning off your lights is just the beginning. From unplugging unused equipment to not running water while brushing your teeth, no action is too small.
To help you go beyond the hour, check out everyday tips:
Did you know? The City avoided 2300 tonnes of GHG emissions in 2013 by using biodiesel in all of its MiWay buses. That’s equal to keeping 450 cars off the road per year.
- Walk or bike to your neighborhood park or store.
- Properly maintain your car to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Carpool to save gas and money.
- Take transit to work, even if it is one or two days a week.
- Use a car-sharing program in your neighborhood.
- Buy a hybrid or electric vehicle.
- Check the walkability score of the neighbourhood if you’re considering a new home, or consider living closer to work.
Earth Hour is a global celebration to help protect the one thing that unites us all – the planet. Show us what’s possible! Visit Mississauga’s Facebook page to share how you’re supporting Earth Hour and beyond!
To keep informed about Mississauga's environmental initiatives and key events throughout the year, subscribe to the Mississauga Living Green blog at mississauga.ca/livinggreen.